CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Here we go again...

I don't know how many times I have tried to keep a blog, but I fail everytime. I'm hoping it works this time because I feel blogging is good for the health. We all have things we want to talk about, but sometimes we don't know who to talk to about it or who would even want to listen. It's good to just open up your mind once in a while and let the thoughts flow... clear the cobwebs. (Lord knows I have enough cobwebs to supply a full haunted mansion at Halloween time!)

So, I guess I will start off by explaining the title of my blog. It is one of my all time two favorite quotes of all time.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters
compared to what lies within us. - Walt Emerson

The first time I heard this quote was my senior year of high school. It was our "class motto". At the time I didn't really follow what it meant. Now that I am older and wiser I understand the meaning behind the words more. The life I have already lived is done. There is no going back and changing it. What happened in the past, happened to me for a reason. It's made me who I am today... whether that is good or bad... who is to determine that? The life I have yet to live will always be there. There is nothing I can do in this moment to make it get here faster. Yes, what I do now can affect my life in the future, but by that time it will be in the past. Again, it will make me who I will become. I am living in the moment... right now... not tomorrow... not next week or next year... right now. Regrets are just a waste of time. It causes unneeded stress on my body. Of course there are things I wish that were different, but if things went differently I may not have what I do have right now... A husband that loves me... The most beautiful son I could ever ask for... An education that is paying off... A secure job that I love so much that I cannot ever imagine looking for a job again.

All in all, the only thing that matters is the present. I am going to make the most of it every minute possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a gift. I really needed to read something like that today.

Jess NBP said...

Love the template Dana!! AWESOME Glad you are back.. I think your other is still out there somewhere.